Library Services and Technology Act Project Announcement- 2015 Kansas Notable Books Grant
Project Number 15-LSTA-Notable
Application- due on or before September 30, 2015
*Grant correspondence will be primarily through email
Kansas Notable Book Grant
The State Library of Kansas is committed to promoting literacy, lifelong learning, and access to library materials throughout the state. To that end, the State Library of Kansas, funded through an Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) Grant, is announcing a non-competitive grant opportunity for libraries in Kansas to purchase books from the 2015 Kansas Notable Books list.
Each participating Kansas library will be reimbursed for the purchase of a single copy, in a given format, of any or all of
the books on the 2015 Kansas Notable Books List. It is not required for all books to be selected from the list but those
which are appropriate for your institution. Any shipping costs, sales tax and/or protective book covers are the
responsibility of individual recipient library. Only the actual cost of the book will be reimbursed with grant funds.
To be eligible, a library must be a public library, a public or private academic library, or a school library with a full-time licensed school media specialist in the building. Additionally, eligible libraries must be a participating KICNET and/or OCLC library. Library must agree to the terms listed within the Grant and Subgrant Eligibility Policy and Assurances.
Terms and Conditions
The recipient library shall, upon receipt of successful application: Application Deadline September 30, 2015
• Purchase books and send invoices/receipts to State Library on or before November 15, 2015
• Sign and return the contract and assurances on or before November 29, 2015
• Provide a brief evaluation via SurveyMonkey due on or before December 15, 2015
• Promote Kansas Notable Books within your library and/or community through programs, displays, book clubs, or other similar means.
• Further agrees to recognize IMLS in all promotions and affix KS Notable Book medallion sticker to book covers recognizing the title as a KS Notable Book selection.
Upon acceptance of these terms, the State Library of Kansas will:
• Provide an LSTA Subgrant to the recipient library for the reimbursement of the purchase of approved books.
• For each Notable Book purchased the State Library will send a medallion sticker to affix to the book covers.
• Submit application no later than September 30, 2015. Applications received after September 30 will not be accepted.
• Order your books from the vendor of your preference. Submit the invoice/ receipt, which must include your library name, an itemized list of titles, the amount of the purchase, and the amount paid, on or before November 15, 2015.
• Based on your invoice/receipt, the State Library will send you a contract for the grant amount. Sign and return by library courier, email or mail the contracts and assurances. Contracts must be received on or before November 29, 2015.
• Complete an online evaluation on or before December 15, 2015.
The 2015 Kansas Notable Book List can be found at: http://kslib.info/notablebooks. The selection of titles from this list is solely at the discretion of, and the responsibility of, your library in accordance with your library’s collection development policy.
The Kansas Notable Books List is the annual recognition of 15 outstanding titles by Kansas authors or about Kansas. It is the only honor for Kansas books by Kansans, highlighting our lively contemporary writing community and encouraging readers to enjoy some of the best writing of the authors among us.