Help & Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
- How many books can I check out at a time (and other library settings)?
- What computers and devices are compatible?
- How do I use this if my device isn't compatible?
- How do I find a book to check out right now?
- Can I return a book early?
- Do books expire on my ereader?
- How do I know if it is my turn for a hold?
- I do not see an author's newest book, and it is a bestseller.
- Kindle Owners Message
Staff can assist you with getting started, help solve problems, or answer your general questions. We will usually need to know:
- Which service do you use--OneClick audiobooks, 3M ebooks, or Freading ebooks?
- How do you use it?
- computer - Windows or Mac
- mobile app - Android or Apple
- device you transfer to (if applicable)
General or All Devices Help
- I do not remember how to log in.
- Trying to log in to the website, keep getting an error message.
- How do I know if I missed an update to my software or app?
- Error: have passed my Adobe ID authorization limit of 6.
Mobile App Help
- Lost my app store login, so I can't download the 3M app.
- App is frozen, blank, book is gray, or glitching overall.
- Left the connection zone (wifi, 3/4G) and cannot access my book.
- Apple: text size does not increase enough for my visual needs.
- Digital Rights Management (DRM) or Adobe ID authorization problem.
- Android: device cannot access the app or installation continually fails.
Windows PC App Help
- Software suddenly will not open, work properly, or gives error "unable to open 3MCloudLibrary.exe."
- Kindle Fire: special instructions for devices that cannot use the Android app.
- My ereader is not recognized by the 3M software.
- Error: Adobe ID authorization conflict messages for my computer/devices/other Adobe software.
- Error: unable to transfer to device (with a new ereader).
On the Device
- I have transferred the book but can't find it on the ereader.
- How do I delete a book from the device when I am finished with it?
- Error: book cannot be opened or is expired.
- Learn about your device (updates, etc).