Learn to Use Your eReader**please note--we intend to have links and information on other topics related to using your devices here in the future. We have started with the most common question. **
NOTE: the Barnes & Noble app store requires that you have a method of payment entered on your account to download even free apps.
- Press the N button on the bottom of your Nook to pull up the menu.
- Select "Shop" from the menu.
- You will now be on the main page of the Barnes & Noble Store. It is advertising a lot of products to you. Ignore this!
- The Search function for the store will be at the bottom of the page. Tap in the search box.
- Your keyboard will come up, input the name of the app you want to find. For this example, we searched for "3M Cloud Library."
- Tap the "search" key on the keyboard to complete the search.
- Find the app in the list of results. Since we searched for a specific app, it should be first.
- Tap the "Free" button (search results also make free vs. paid very obvious).
- The "Free" button becomes a "Confirm" button--tap this button too.
- The app will begin installing on your device. You will see a message that it is "processing."
- When install is complete, you may open the app.
Can't find the app? Try this:
- Press the N button on your Nook.
- Select "Apps" from the menu.
- This will pull up a list of all apps installed on your Nook. You can always access your apps from here.
Did you get here from the instructions page for the 3M Cloud Library app? Here's the link to get back: 3M Cloud Library eBooks for Android