Learn to Use Your Apple Device**please note--we intend to have links and information on other topics related to using your device here in the future. We have started with the most common questions. **
This is for installing a specific app. If you are looking for a general type of app, like a calculator, use the type of app in the search (Step 5) instead.
- Go to the home screen of your device. You may need to wake your device up by pressing the home key.
- Tap on the App Store icon. It looks like this:
- You will be on the "featured" page of the App Store. It is advertising a lot of apps to you. Ignore this!
- Find the search function for your App Store. Where this is is different on the iPad than the smaller devices:
iPads-found in upper right corner
iPod Touch & iPhones--found in tab bar at the bottom
- In the search box, input the name of the app you want to find. For this example, we have used "3M Cloud Library."
- Tap the "search" button on your keyboard.
- Find the app in the list of results. Since we searched for a specific app, it should be first.
- Tap the "Install" button.
- Sometimes, you must tap a button that says "Free" to see the install button. This is just the app store's way of making free vs. paid apps clear.
- You will be prompted to input your Apple Account password. Do this, and tap "OK."
- Forgot your Apple password? Go here to find how to reset your password.
- The red box is covering up our email address in this example--the email address you used for your Apple ID will be in this area.
- The app store will close, and you will see your app beginning to download on the screen! When it is finished, you may open the app and use it.
Did you get here from the instructions pages for one of the Digital Books services? Here's the links to get back: