Help & Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
- How many books can I check out at a time (and other settings)?
- What is OneClickdigital Media Manager?
- What computers/devices are compatible with Media Manager?
- How can I use this service if my computer or device is not compatible?
- How do I search for a book to check out right now?
- Do books expire on my MP3 player?
- What's the difference between Holds & Wishlist?
- How am I notified that it is my turn for a hold?
- I do not see the newest book by my favorite author, and it is on the bestseller list. Why?
Staff can assist you with getting started, help solve problems, or answer your general questions. We will usually need to know:
- Which service do you use--OneClick audiobooks, 3M ebooks, or Freading ebooks?
- How do you use it?
- computer - Windows or Mac
- mobile app - Android or Apple
- device you transfer to (if applicable)
- Lost my username/password/both.
- How do I change my password (or update other info)?
- I can't remember if I already registered or not.
- I accidentally registered twice!
- I can log in on the website but not the software.
- I can log in on the software but not the website!
On Your Computer
- How do I set my preferences?
- How can I tell if I missed a software update?
- Error: no space on device or device not connected properly.
- Media Manager is blank, wants me to upgrade over and over, or is obviously behind on upgrades.
- iTunes keeps popping up, but I am not using an iPod.
- Error: problem creating title folder.
- Error: device does not support protected files.
- Apple Error: transfer has timed out, gives a port sleep message.
- Apple Error: manually manage setting needed.
- Vista Error: message indicates that transfer cannot be completed or gives unhandled exception message.
On Your Device
- Learn about your device-support links.
- Book is out of order when I play it.
- Error: book is expired, I no longer have rights to it, or I need to sync to continue my subscription.
- How do I delete a book from my device when I am done?
- Error: does not support playback of protected media/music/files.
On the Mobile App
- Lost my app store login, so I can't download the app.
- When I log in, error message is that I do not belong to any libraries.
- My app is frozen or blank.
- Left the connection zone (wifi, 3/4G) and the app stopped playing.
- Auto-bookmarking isn't working every time.