The Android app is now accessible to Kindle Fires. Please search your Amazon Appstore for "oneclickdigital" to install this!
For instructions on how to use this app, please see the Mobile App for Android page. Text here will be updated to include the Kindle soon.
Android App Released
The first version of the Android mobile app is out. An upgrade has already been released to deal with a bug for smartphone users (the app would not stop playing when you receive a phone call). If you were helping with testing phase prior to official release, please update your app. This is now the commonly reported bug:
- Automatic bookmarking works inconsistently--app is supposed to save your place. Try manually setting bookmarks for now.
Please see the Android Mobile Instructions for more information.
No new updates or features have been rolled out since our last message to you (see below). Work continues on many projects at OneClickdigital. OneClick's technical team expects to have the Android mobile app complete by the end of summer. If you are interested in being on the email notification list for the Android mobile app, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will let you know when it is ready.
Windows Media Manager--little error messages
Getting a variety of small annoying error messages? Book will play on the computer earlier in the day but suddenly not later? You may need to do a clean install of Media Manager. Quick instructions on doing this:
- Uninstall OneClickdigital Media Manager from the Control Panel->Programs->Uninstall a Program.
- Clear out any files Media Manager has downloaded to your computer in Documents->Media.
- Go into your Program Files. If a OneClickdigital and/or Recorded Books folder is still in the Program Files, delete these folders.
- Reinstall Media Manager from the OneClickdigital website.
- OneClick released a required update to the Windows Media Manager on June 1. We are now on version 220.127.116.11. If you missed this update, please close your Media Manager, then go to this page on OneClick and run the installation. As you already have the software installed, it will only force the update to apply.
- The Apple mobile app received a small stability update on May 30. Apple mobile app users should now be on version 1.1. Not familar with the mobile app? See our notes on the mobile app.
Overall Technical Progress
- Adding more fully compatible devices-this did not get finished in time for the June 1 scheduled update. For Windows Vista & 7 users, you should be able to transfer to devices that are not yet on a compatibility list if you check out books with less security. Notes on this.
- Android Mobile app-in development for summer.
Still In Progress
- Book indexing-now applying the subject headings commonly used in bookstores to all titles. Using a standard subject type across the library will allow them to properly sort the books. You will notice that many books are misfiled by genre or target audience.
- Missing book summaries-have found fewer of these over time, but there are still some.
Transfer of Previously Owned Progress
Figures sent from the transfer team on May 31.
- Complete: 3077 titles (includes a batch of titles where all file work is complete, but have not moved on to our account yet).
- Final steps: 151 titles (getting final data from originating publisher, fixing encyptions, etc)
- Securing files/Researching: 653 titles
OneClick is currently working on finalizing contracts to add Books in Motion, Time Warner, and Zondervan. Titles from these publishers are included in the "securing files/researching" figure.
Purchasing & Holds
Funds were secured to work on the high holds lists on popular items. Realize that some audiobooks are $100+ a digital copy. Here is what we are trying to do:
- highest holds--if a title has more than about 60 people on it, it is almost impossible to afford purchasing enough copies to take care of this list. The State Librarian is trying to work out a deal with publishers to temporarily lease enough copies to take care of the holds problem on these.
- more "regular" holds lists--regular purchasing is being used to take care of other holds wait lists. We have managed to get many down to a ratio of around 5 people per copy of book, and still have a little more work to do on this. Remember to look at the OneClick website and go to My Collections->Holds to see your place in line. If you look at your holds list and it says "you are 30 in line (library owns 6 copies)," you are actually 5th in line for a copy.
A required upgrade has been released for Windows Media Manager. When you open your Media Manager, the "checking for updates" box should show a button for "required upgrade" Click this, and follow the steps to run and install the upgrade.
After installation, you should be at version 18.104.22.168. Further notes:
1. Some users may need to reset their preferences after running the upgrade. Notes on setting preferences.
2. If the Media Manager fails to load the upgrade (no upgrade button or it gives error message) here is what to do:
a. Close your Media Manager
b. Go to: http://statelibraryofks.oneclickdigital.com/extra/Download Player.aspx
c. Click the OneClickdigital Media Manager Windows download button-since you already have Media Manager installed, this will now only force an update instead.
The State Library has installed the update and downloaded a book with no issues. More will be posted about the features of this upgrade early next week, when we have had more time to look and test.
Apple App--a small stability upgrade was released this week. Upgrade to version 1.1 by going to your App Store and checking the Updates section. Have not heard of the mobile app? Here is the notes page on it!
OneClick technical support reports that Media Manager is having trouble with all types of Creative Zen MP3 players. This may only apply to DRM not-protected books (mp3 format) for some users. They are working to resolve this problem.
OneClick has also been releasing multiple versions of the Media Manager. The recent changes have only been cosmetic, and auto-updating of the Media Manager has been turned off. You will only have one of newest versions if you have recently reinstalled Media Manager from the OneClick website. If you are looking at OneClick documentation and you have a newer version than the one shown, that is the reason! **Again, all recent changes are cosmetic and you do not need to upgrade your Media Manager at this time.**
Device not on the compatible list for Windows Media Manager yet? Have Windows Vista or Windows 7? OneClick has found a "half-way" point for transferring some books to previously non-compatible players. You should be able to transfer any book that is DRM Not Protected. At the State Library we have verified this by using Media Manager to transfer to our Nook Color.
The below update covers progress on solved technical issues, upcoming enhancements, and the progress on the transfer of previously owned materials. Please send any questions to email@example.com.
Technical Progress-Issues Solved and New Releases!
- Search Only Available-fixed 4/5/12! Now, if you go to the Advanced Search on OneClickdigital, you will see that there is an "Available for Checkout" option. This defaults to "Available" but you can switch it to "All" to see a full list of results. Upon testing, if you search with just the Available to Checkout field (no author, titles, etc.) you will indeed see everything that is available right now. This includes regularly owned titles as well as our subscriptions.
- Apple Mobile App Debuts-4/6/12! iPad/iPhone/iPod users, please search your App Store for "oneclickdigital" and you will find the mobile app. Please realize this is a first functional beta version of the app. Discovery of books via the app is uncomfortable (you may wish to check out books using your computer) but the download of the book and playback is very good. Upgrades will come soon. State Library will put out a tutorial on the Apple App as soon as we can.
- Home Screen Refresh-verified fixed this week. The books on our OneClick home screen are supposed to be automatically refreshing every time we purchase a book or OneClick technicians finish the transfer of a book to our account. This had not been working properly, but is now resolved. The 50 newest purchased/transferred books now appear on our "Newly Added" page without the need for manual resets.
- Media Manager Upgrade-released 4/5/12. This upgrade will help make Windows Media Manager more streamlined in terms of setting preferences. The patron should not have to set a large number of preferences in order to be successful with a download/transfer after this upgrade. Mac Media Manager was built later, so this is already a part of the currently released version.
Many of the tutorials created for OneClickdigital will be affected by these upgrades, so we will be redoing these again shortly.
- Mobile App for Android is in development, no exact release date given, but it is expected by summer.
- Issues with searching/browsing are related to missing descriptions and incorrect genre/target audience identification. The missing descriptions are a technical problem, where the descriptions do not link properly for some reason. A global fix for the genre/target audience problems has been in the works for some time. OneClick is not speculating on a date.
- Windows Media Manager Transfer Upgrades-compatibility with a wider range of devices is expected soon. Basically, there are two transfer types for MP3 players. Media Manager currently works best with one type (MTP) but will soon work with both (MSC is the other type). Many older players and Creative Zens are the MSC type.
Transfer Progress of Previously Owned Materials
Please note this refers to titles, not total copies owned. We have multiple copies of many titles.
Transfer Complete: 2978 titles
Final Stage of Process (encryption being fixed, final data): 497 titles
Awaiting Files from Other Publishers (includes a couple publishers finalizing agreements with OneClickdigital): 792 titles
OneClick has been unsuccessful dealing with some publishers that have signed the transfer permission form. The State Library now has a list of these publishers and the titles involved, and will be looking into this.
Media Manager for Mac is now available. You may download it from the OneClick website or from your App Store. Just search for "oneclickdigital." The download is of course free. We have added a quick video to the tutorials section on using the Mac Media Manager for now. We will post more
OneClickdigital made a lot of positive progress this week! Another point they accomplished is to add more servers. This is helping address the slowness problem many people were having while trying to browse the website.
Today OneClick released an upgrade to Media Manager. You should now be on Version 50 (version numbers are shown in the lower right corner of Media Manager, inside the black border). What's special about this upgrade? All of the upgrades up to now have been "patches" to address a specific problem. One technical team was working on patching problems as they arose. Another team was working on a fresh version of Media Manager, where all of the new needed options were incorporated. There are no new preferences to set in Version 50 versus Version 49 (to learn how to fully set your preferences see this video). What has happened with Version 50: we are experiencing significantly faster download and transfer times. Today we have tested three books, and these downloaded and transferred in less than 5 minutes each.
OneClick also debuted new devices on the compatibility list. iPads & iPhones are now listed as compatible. We were able to get a book to transfer to the iPad without any problems. It transferred into our Music area and played just right. We did not have any luck with an iPhone, but if you are an iPhone user please give it a shot! To view the full list of devices currrently compatible with Media Manager see here.
- if any of your books today turned up with a 300+ day checkout period, please just make sure to return that book when you are done with it. This was caused by a computer glitch today.
- any errors with the "always available" list of books should be fixed now. If you were waiting to use one that was malfunctioning, please check now.
Last week (1/31/12) OneClick released an upgrade to Media Manager. You should now be on Version 49 (version number is shown in the lower right corner of Media Manager in the black border). This upgrade fixed an error some iPod users were experiencing. There is now a new preference to set in Media Manager. To set this preference:
- Open Media Manager and sign in.
- Click the "Preferences" menu.
- Select "Global."
- One of the last preferences on the page is now "Allow iTunes/Apple Device Detection."
a. iPod users - select "Yes"
b. non-iPod users - select "No" (if you do not do this and have iTunes on your computer, iTunes will pop up constantly while using Media Manager.)
c. if you use both types of devices, switch this preference back and forth depending on which device you are currently using for best results.
As you know, the new audiobooks company is experiencing a number of errors. They have also not transferred all of our books from the old service yet, and this has resulted in our collection of books still being small. So that you can start checking out books again, they have loaded 200 "always available" books to our library at no charge for the next 2 months. This will give them more time to move our books over without penalizing you. The list of these books are attached below as an spreadsheet.
List of Always Available Books--REMOVED 6/12/12--while we do thave a subscription to many of these books for a year, the list somewhat changed. You can now search for all available books in the advanced search as well.
You will be able to look up the books by title and author, and as many people can check these out at a time as want to.
We will be posting regular updates from the company here. Expect to hear more about errors, updates, and other information soon.