OneClickdigital Android App
The OneClickdigital app for Android devices allows you to download and play audiobooks directly on your device, no transfer from computer is necessary. The app takes care of all audiobook file format issues, so you do not need to consider whether the book is in MP3 or WMA format before checking it out.
Compatible: Devices with Android 2.1 and newer.
Current Version: 1.3
Known Issues-- Some people are having issues with bookmarking working consistently. See below to learn where the manual bookmarking feature is. OneClick is working on this. A patch has already been released to fix a problem during phone calls for smartphone users.
- Getting Started
- Checkout a Book & Refresh App
- Download & Play a Book
- Leaving the Wifi Range?
- Install the OneClickdigital app onto your device. Two ways to find it:
- Open the Google Play app on your device. Search for "oneclickdigital."
- Visit this OneClickdigital Google Play preview page, which will instigate the device to search for the app.
- When you have found the OneClickdigital app, install it. The app is free.
- On your device, find and open the OneClickdigital app. It will look like the image at right.
- Select your region as North America to proceed. Note: if you do not find this step, or do not select our region the app will not work. If it is missing, close and reopen the app. If you selected the wrong region accidentally, please clear your app's cache.
- Log in to the app with your OneClickdigital username and password. You may choose to have the app remember your login information. The first time you access the app it may have you click login twice--once as it selects the library as "State Library of Kansas" and a second time to confirm.
After logging in, the My Titles screen is shown. If you already have books checked out on your account, they will be listed here. Note: this screenshot has had white space removed from below the book title to save space on this page.
The Refresh function for this app is the circular button with the two arrows.
Detailed book information may be accessed by tapping the cover art, title, or summary of a book. This page will show a full book summary and the exact expiration date of your checkout. From this page, tap the My Titles button on the top left to return to the previous screen.
Browse More Titles brings up the OneClickdigital website through the app, so you may browse books or access your account information. At this time, OneClick does not have a mobile version of their website, so some users may be more comfortable using the OneClick website on their computers than through the app interface.
Check Out a Book
Currently, this is the same as checking out a book on the computer, as the Browse More Titles connects to the regular OneClick website. A mobile version of the website is in development.
Tips on checking out through the mobile app's Browse More Titles:
- Just want something to read right now? Advanced Search has a "Available for Checkout" selection (right column, bottom). Run a search with only this changed to see all titles that you can check out now.
- Have a lot of results from your search? Use the "Sort By" feature above the "Search Selection" column to sort the results by release date, author, or narrator instead of title. You will get a different batch of results on the first page of each, and you may find something you wish to checkout without paging through the results.
Refresh the App:
Just checked out a book, and it is not showing in the "My Titles" screen of the app? Refresh the app by tapping the button that looks like this:
Download & Play a Book
If you have moved to another screen of the app, return to the My Titles screen. Your checked out books will be shown. Tap the gray circular play button for the book you wish to play.
The book will open, and begin downloading the first part of the book, which on most is the introduction. This speed will depend on the length of the first section and your internet connection.
Once the first part of the book downloads, the book will begin to play. All other parts will download as it plays. Note that the top red bar contains two buttons:
Below the cover art of the book are the control options. There are the regular playback buttons (skip back, pause, etc), with these additions:
Leaving the wifi range?
All parts of the book must be downloaded before leaving the range of the wifi connection. If it is not, the book will stop playing and the app will display a connection error once it gets to the end of the currently downloaded parts. To be sure that all parts have downloaded before leaving the wifi area, tap the open book icon in the upper right corner as the book downloads/plays.
This will show all of the parts of the book. Downloaded chapters will be in bold black, chapters not downloaded will be gray. When all chapters have downloaded, the device can be out of range or disconnected from the wifi connection and play the entire book without interruption. Note: sometimes more than one Chapter 1 is shown. It is often segmented into two tracks to allow uninterrupted listening during the early stages of the book download.