Clear Temp Internet Files
Clearing your temporary internet files solves login problems, file download issues, and other common internet troubles.
With the exception of the mobile device instructions at the very end, all of these instructions take place in the actual internet browser.
Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 & 10 (Windows 8, 7, & Vista)
- Click the Tools menu (either named tools or looks like a small gear on the upper right side).
- Choose "Internet Options"
- Under "Browsing History" click "Delete"
- Select Temporary Internet Files, Cookies, History, Download History, and Passwords
- Click Delete
- Close the browser, and then reopen it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0 (Windows XP)
- Click Tools in the upper toolbar or click on the Tools icon.
- Click Internet Options and choose the General tab.
- Click Delete under "Browsing History".
- Click Delete Files under "Temporary Internet Files".
- Click Yes on the Delete Files dialog box.
- Click Close and then OK.
- Click your menu (upper left drop down box) and select History.
- Select Clear Recent History.
- Select the Time Range to clear (drop-down menu). Select "Everything" to clear all cache.
- Click Details to choose what history elements to clear (cache, cookies, browsing and download history, active logins).
- Click the Clear Now button.
- Click the Customize button (right of the address bar, looks like 3 horizontal lines).
- Select History
- Click "Clear all browsing data..."
- Select the items you want to clear (e.g., Clear browsing history, Clear download history, Empty the cache, Delete cookies and other site data).
- You can choose the period of time for which you want to clear cached information from the Clear data from this period drop-down menu. To clear your entire cache, select "the beginning of time."
- Click "Clear browsing data"
- Close window.
- Exit Chrome and then re-launch Chrome.
- Click the Settings icon or menu.
- Choose "Reset Safari"
- Select sections to be deleted (at least clear history, clear the downloads window, remove saved names and passwords).
- Click Reset
- Exit Safari and then re-launch.
Safari Browser On iPod/iPad/iPhone
- From the device's Home screen tap the Settings icon.
- Choose Safari from the menu on the left (this may be at the very bottom, and you may need to scroll to see it).
- Tap Clear Cache
Nook Tablet Browser
Clear cache through Privacy under Settings. Specific instructions from Barnes & Noble.