This series of programs explores how library professional ethics, as presented in the Library Bill of Rights, along with intellectual freedom concerns and privacy, impact library operations, collection development, policies, planning and customer service.
Everyday Ethics Webinar Archives:
(Visit the individual session pages for links to the session archive and additional resources)
Everyday Ethics for Libraries: An Overview by Pat Wagner (Online video series and handouts)
- Ethics of Facebook, Brenda Hough, Northeast Kansas Library System
- Serial Killer in the Library, Paul Hawkins, director South Central Kansas Library System
- Ethics of Collection Development, Angie Maycock, ALA Office of Intellectual Freedom
- Ethics of Weeding, Harry Willems and Chris Rippel, Central Kansas Library System
- Are You Trustee-Worthy? - Ethics for Trustees, Gina Millsap, Director, Topeka & Shawnee County Public Library
- Ethics of Answering Questions, Lisa Kelly, Director of Information Services, Nebraska Library Commission
- The Ethics of Access, Kim Rutter, Southeast Kansas Library System
- Can Mary Kay or VITA Use the Meeting Room, Carol Barta, North Central Kansas Libraries System, Lee Dobratz, Council Grove Public Library and Jamie Kelley, Marysville Public Library
A Wrap-Up with Pat Wagner, Pattern Research, Inc.