Mask guidance for libraries:
While the new guidance is a positive step, the vast majority of people need to be fully vaccinated before COVID-19 precautions can be lifted broadly. Until then, it is important that everyone continues to adhere to public health mitigation measures to protect the large number of people who remain unvaccinated.
CDC recommends that fully vaccinated people continue to take these COVID-19 precautions when in public, when visiting with unvaccinated people from multiple other households, and when around unvaccinated people who are at high risk of getting severely ill from COVID-19:
• Wear a well-fitted mask.
• Stay at least 6 feet from people you do not live with.
• Avoid medium- and large-sized in-person gatherings.
• Get tested if experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
• Follow guidance issued by individual employers.
• Follow CDC and health department travel requirements and recommendations.
NicheAcademy offers a large collection of tutorials geared toward assisting libraries during and after the pandemic: https://my.nicheacademy.com/reopening
WebJunction has the following webinars:
From American Libraries:
From Library Journal:
From School Library Journal:
From the OCLC REALM Project:
Reopening considerations for LAMs (archives, libraries, and museums)