Enki for Android Devices
The Aldiko Book Reader app is used for these instructions as it is a free, stable reader for Android devices. Enki books can be used in any reader app that uses Adobe IDs, so will also work in the Freading Reader or BlueFire Reader.
Check Out & Download a Book
Install & Set Up the App:
- Open the App Store on your device.
- Search for "Aldiko."
- Install the free Aldiko Book Reader, and open it to continue.
- Tap on the Aldiko menu (leaning books icon, top left corner), select "About."
- Choose "Adobe DRM" to set your Adobe ID. Adobe IDs are always an email address and a password you were allowed to create.
- Already have one? Enter it.
- Do not have one? Tap the "Sign Up" to create one now.
Check Out & Download a Book
This is how you will check out a book every single time.
- Go to the Enki Library website: http://ksl.enkilibrary.org/
- Log in with this information:
- Library Card Number: your Kansas Library eCard number.
- Password/Birthdate: in MMDDYYYY format. Example: if your birthdate is April 15, 1980, you would input 04151980.
- Search or browse for a book to check out. Tips:
- Keyword search works well to start a general browse with keywords like mystery or if you like vampires.
- After you search, there will be a bar at left showing similar subjects and other ways to limit a search.
- When you have found a book that you want, tap the "Checkout" button. You will receive a confirmation message and be taken to the My Account screen.
- Tap the "Download" button for the book.
- Your browser will want to know what to do with the file - confirm that it should send the book to Aldiko (select to do this "always" to skip this step in the future).
- Aldiko will open, and you will see it importing the book. When it is finished, you may begin using the book.
Use a Book in the App:
- Open a book: tap the book in the Books section of the app. It will open to fill the screen.
- Turn a page: tap the right margin to go forward in the book, tap the left margin to go back a page.
- Close a book: tap the center of the book page. This pulls up a menu, tap the leaning books icon (top left) to exit.
- Change Reading Settings: tap the center of the page, and settings will appear at the bottom:
- arrow - table of contents
- sun/half dark circle - toggle night/day mode.
- Tt - main settings for brightness, text size, margins. Tap "More" from here alter settings like background & text color.
Finished with a Book:Remove the book from the app by:
- In the Books section of the app, choose "Recent Reads."
- Tap the menu key (3 dots, right side) for the book you are finished with. Select:
- Return for a book that is not yet expired. This action even returns the book on your Enki account, so it is released for the next person to use.
- Delete for books that have passed their checkout date.
- Books check out for 21 days, and you may have 10 books at a time.
- Early return is encouraged to release the book to others. Please do this using the return option shown above (this also removes the book from your online account).
- Renewal feature is not available, but you can check a book out again if no one else was waiting on the book.
- Holds notes:
- To be notified when it is your turn for a hold, go to My Account -> Profile. Click "Edit" to enter your email address.
- You have 3 days to check out a book when it is your turn. Available books can be checked out from the My Account page
- Use the "Postpone" feature to stop your holds from counting down while on vacation.