Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Kansas provided a $50,000 grant to the State Library for the purchase of 40 traveling health literacy stations.
Each kiosk consists of a stand and iPad, on which you will find local health resources.
- Open to libraries on the courier (public, school, academic), except for counties outside of the BCBSKS service area (Johnson & Wyandotte).
- 2 identical kiosks arrive with the requests.
- WiFi Internet access required.
- 2 month lending period, then will be asked to send kiosk on to next library.
- Reservation slots available for the February-March 2016 loan period and beyond.
Archive of informational webinar:Thursday, December 3, 2015
Forms & Documents:
- Policy on loss, damage and liability
- Resources page (source of the research screen on the kiosk)
- Local Press Release
- Health Kiosk Bookmark for Libraries
- Health kiosk assembly with photos
Refer to this first! use the following link as backup only.
- Health kiosk assembly (Manufacturer manual)
Please note: Some steps in this manual have been modified in the custom instructions above.
- Parts list inventory, wifi and sleep mode
What should the local health page the library creates contain?
Make a list of health resources relevant to your community, some possibilities:
- county health department website
- local clinics, including for mental health
- fitness & nutritional opportunities (recreation center, etc)
- information on obtaining first aid, CPR, and other trainings (usually available through Fire Department / First Responders).
This is just a suggestion. Here are some fine examples created by other libraries:
- Topeka Shawnee Co. Public Library
- LaCygne Library
- Osage City Public Library
- Coffeyville Public Library
Local Usage Statistics
The device management service has no way at this time to export usage data (i.e., Excel, PDF, Word). Everything is on a global graphical scale and only can been seen in the service console. If the service develops a report generating module for easy collection/distribution of individual device stats in the future, information will be provided here.
How big is this?
Kiosk - base is almost 12" square, stands about 4 feet tall.
Shipping case - a little over 4.5 feet long, note that it HAS .