Kansas Library News Blogs
- FDLP Highlights - The State Library of Kansas is a Federal Depository library, a recipient of U.S. government publications. This blog highlights some of the many fascinating resources the Federal Government provides.
- From the Reference Desk - topic of interest with links to further information, for research or just for fun (usually bi-monthly).
- From the Third Floor - State Librarian's Office
- KGI Online Library - weekly (Thursdays or Fridays) post on interesting items or special topics from the Kansas Government Information Online Library, which is digitally preserving Kansas government publications.
- Librarian News
- Statewide Online Services News - covers any updates for digital books, databases, the Kansas Library eCard, and more. Book of the week (BoW) is posted Wednesdays, and a different database is highlighted every other month.
- State Library's LIS Collection - describes newly-published Library and Information Science books recently acquired by the State Library. These books can then be requested throughout the state via local Inter Library Loan.
- Talking Books Talk - provides news and updates about the Kansas Talking Books Service (KTBS). Talking Books staff will highlight relevant announcements from KTBS and the National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped.
The Kansas State Board of Agriculture Celebrate Its 50th Anniversary The Kansas State Board of Agriculture turned 50 years old in 1921. To mark the anniversary, Board Secretary, J. C. Mohler, wrote up a short history of the Board and its...
In Kansas, any weather at any time seems to be normal. However, the threat of severe weather at some point is guaranteed. Late spring through summer are key months for severe storms and the chance of tornadoes. Here are some information sources...
Most popular talking book downloads April 2022 DB106775 Abandoned in Death [https://kstb.klas.com/title/summary.jsf?id=273590723.6232] by Robb, J. D DB106928 Steal [https://kstb.klas.com/title/summary.jsf?id=274419550.6232] by Patterson, James...
Kansas Talking Books staff share what they are reading or have read recently. Amanda, Production Manager DB 44343 The Golden Compass [https://kstb.klas.com/title/summary.jsf?id=46883697.6232] by Philip Pullman A tale set in Victorian England on...
Though almost over, April is National Poetry Month and we still want to Celebrate. Launched by the Academy of American Poets in April 1996, National Poetry Month reminds the public that poets and poetry are essential to our culture. We’ve...
Spooner Hall... built in 1893-94 as the University of Kansas' first library building.(Photo from Wikipedia article on Spooner Hall) A Librarian Speaks at the Kansas Agricultural Meeting of 1913 In January, 1913, Carrie Watson, University of...