Library Services and Technology Act Project Announcement- 2019 Kansas Notable Book Grant
Project Number 19-LSTA-Notable
Application- due on or before September 30, 2019
*Grant correspondence will be primarily through email
Kansas Notable Books Grant
The State Library of Kansas is committed to promoting literacy, lifelong learning, and access to library materials throughout the state. To that end, the State Library of Kansas, funded through an Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) Grant, is announcing a non-competitive grant opportunity for libraries in Kansas to purchase books from the 2019 Kansas Notable Books list.
2019 KS Notable Book list- Each participating Kansas library will be reimbursed for the purchase of a single copy, in any format, of any or all of the books on the 2018 Kansas Notable Books List. Only the actual cost of the book will be reimbursed with grant funds. Any shipping costs, sales tax and/or protective book covers are the responsibility of individual recipient library. Invoices/receipts must be submitted with the checklist available at- www.kslib.info/2019notablebooksgrant
To be eligible, a library must be a public library, a public or private academic library, or a school library with a full-time licensed school media specialist in the district. Additionally, eligible libraries must be a participating KICNET and/or OCLC library (participate in statewide interlibrary loan). Library must agree to the terms listed within the LSTA Subgrant documents available at- http://kslib.info/LSTA
Terms and Conditions
The recipient library shall, upon receipt of successful application: Application Deadline September 30, 2019
• Purchase books and send invoices/receipts and required checklist to State Library on or before November 15, 2019
• Sign and return the contract and assurances on or before November 30, 2019
• Provide a brief evaluation via SurveyMonkey due on or before December 17, 2019
• Promote Kansas Notable Books within your library and/or community through programs, displays, book clubs, or other similar means.
• Further agrees to recognize IMLS in all promotions.
Upon acceptance of these terms, the State Library of Kansas will:
• Provide an LSTA Subgrant to the recipient library for the reimbursement of the purchase of approved books.
• For each Notable Book purchased the State Library will send a medallion sticker to affix to the book covers and a table tent which serves as IMLS recognition of funding.
The 2019 and prior Kansas Notable Book Lists can be found at: www.kslib.info/notablebooks. The selection of titles from this list is solely at the discretion of, and the responsibility of, your library in accordance with your library’s collection development policy.
This project is supported in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provision of the Library Services and Technology Act as administered by the State Library of Kansas.