Kansas Reads to Preschoolers
Acting State Librarian Ray Walling, along with the Kansas Reads to Preschoolers committee, is pleased to announce that the 2022 title is Not a Box, by Antoinette Portis.
This picture book story will appeal to young readers, with a focus on the 2-5 years old age group, and is available in English and Spanish (No es una caja).
Please see the Ordering & Read Alikes tab below for the order form.
Scholastic is offering good discounts on paperbacks to be given to children.
**Please use the supplied order form when ordering books for your Kansas Reads to Preschoolers event so that we can track the amount or our statistics.**
To get the discount on this year's tittle, your organization must be a member of Scholastic's Literacy Partnership program. Opening a FACE/LP account is free, and easy to do. If you are unsure if your library is a member of the LP program please call Ginny Mandl at 800-387-1437 ext.6367 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Checks can be made out to Scholastic Inc.
Read Alikes will be added soon.
Thanks to the following 2022 committee members for all their hard work:
- Patty Collins, Central Library System
- Vanessa Dauber, Coffey County Library
- Tracey DeShazo, Silver Lake Public Library
- Kathy Ellison, Topeka and Shawnee County Public Library
- Donna Knoell, Educational Consultant
- Lauren Taylor, Lawrence Public Library
- Janet Reynolds, La Cygne Library
- Sandy Wilkerson, North Central Libraries System
- Tammie Benham, Southeast Library System
- Sara McNeil, Wichita Public Library
Kansas Reads to Preschoolers is an annual event that promotes reading to all Kansas children from birth through age five. Through the statewide program, parents, librarians and caregivers are encouraged to read the chosen title during a selected week and month.
For more information about Kansas Reads to Preschoolers contact Nikki Hansen, Resource Sharing Librarian for the State Library. email@example.com