Welcome to Kansas Talking Books
CALL 800-362-0699 or 620-341-6280
Kansas Talking Books provides personalized library support and materials in a specialized format to eligible Kansas residents to ensure that all may read. This no-cost library service features:
- Audio books, audio magazines, braille books, and braille magazines mailed directly to your house and returned postage free.
- Special equipment lent to you at no charge.
- A collection that includes romance, mysteries, bestsellers, science fiction, westerns, biographies, fiction, children's books, young adult books and more.
- Find your next good read and get library help by calling 800-362-0699, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Download books and magazines from the Braille and Audio Reading Download (BARD) website or by using the BARD Mobile app.
Who is eligible?
Any Kansas resident with a visual impairment, physical impairment or reading disability that prevents the reading of traditional print materials is eligible for Kansas Talking Books. Schools and medical facilities who serve qualifying individuals may also be eligible.
Who can sign residents up for Talking Books Service?
Doctor of medicine, doctor of osteopathy, ophthalmologist, optometrist, psychologist, registered nurse, therapist, or professional staff of hospitals, institutions, and public or welfare agencies (such as an educator, social worker, case worker, counselor, rehabilitation teacher, certified reading specialist, school psychologist, superintendent, or librarian).
Click here to download an application.
Applications must be signed by an appropriate certifying authority--please read the instructions carefully.