Tuesday, August 2, 2022 is the Kansas Primary election and it is always important to be informed before you head to the polls. Below you can find a few websites with essential voter information.
- Maintained by the Secretary of State, this is the one stop shop for all things election related
- Voter Information
- Also from the Secretary of State, this page provides information regarding voter registration, ID requirements, advance voting, and voter accessibility
- Registration Information & Polling Place
- This website allows you to check your voter information and search for your polling location based on your residential address
- Candidate List
- Use the drop-down to view the “2022 Primary” candidate list for August 2nd
- (You can use the registration information website above to find out your district number)
August 2nd is also when Kansans will vote on a proposed amendment to the Kansas Constitution. Residents do not need to be affiliated with a party to vote on the constitutional amendment. A link to a sample ballot through the Secretary of State can be found here.
You may have noticed that your district number has changed this election cycle. Earlier this year the Kansas Legislature passed a new set of district maps that are effective for the next ten years. If you have questions or are curious about the process, the Secretary of State has a website with FAQs and the new maps here.
For more information, please contact the Secretary of State at 785-296-4561, your local county election office, or the State Library’s Reference Desk at 785-296-2149 or kslib.info/ask.