The original item was published from October 4, 2022 8:32 AM to October 18, 2022 9:17 AM
The November 8th General Election is coming up fast, are you ready? Here are some resources and information to help you cast your ballot whether by mail, at your local election office, or at the polls.
Registering to Vote
- The deadline to register to vote in the General Election is Tuesday October 18, 2022
- You can register to vote online at the Kansas Secretary of State's website or fill out a paper form. Print and fill in the form, then mail it to your county election office.
- For more information about voter registration or Kansas elections in general, please visit the KS Secretary of State's Elections FAQ page.
- Advance voting in-person and by mail begins October 19, 2022. The deadline to request an advance ballot for the General Election is November 1, 2022.
- To request an advance ballot by mail, fill out and mail or return an application to your local election office (in person, fax, postal mail, or email)
- You can also check your registration status, track your ballot status, and view a sample ballot at the Kansas Secretary of State's Voter View page.
Going to the Polls
- Use Voter View to find your polling place. Polls are open from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM.
- Kansas requires voters to show photographic identification when casting a vote in person. The Kansas Secretary of State's office provides information about what are acceptable forms of identification.
- Kansas law provides for a leave allowance for employees to vote. The specific details can be found in K.S.A. 25-418
The Kansas Secretary of State's Election Division can be found at https://sos.ks.gov/elections/elections.html or contacted by phone at 800-262-VOTE(8683).
And as always, please contact the State Library of Kansas with your questions about the Kansas Legislature, state and federal elections, candidates and more.
Contact us, we love to help!
Legislative Hotline: 800-432-3924
General Information: 785-296-3296
Email a librarian: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chat with a librarian: http://kslib.info/ask