The original item was published from January 15, 2016 4:27 PM to January 15, 2016 4:29 PM
Tech Talks - Nathan @ the Newton Public Library
2nd Thursdays, 6:30 pm
Wish you could do more technology programming for your patrons? Nathan Carr, IT Supervisor of Newton Public Library, does a different topic every month and these programs are available for any library to join. Ways you can take advantage of Tech Talks:
1. Watch Party - add the sessions to your library program calendar, and set up a space for patrons to watch the session live (projected in your conference room or a few patrons around an isolated computer). Nathan's sessions have these elements, depending on topic:
Nathan presents via Zoom, the same system used by the State Library for webinars. Join links are available through the Tech Talks page, or contact Nathan to be added to his reminder email list. He will email you the week of each program with the join link and topic.
- Webcam - so your patrons can see he's a live human being,
- Show powerpoint presentation or shares his computer screen (as appropriate for the topic),
- Answer any questions as they come up.
2. Promote an Archive – The archived session is available the next day on the Tech Talks page. Last night’s program was “Top Sites for Aging Well: Health, Wealth, and Bucket Lists.” Please feel free to use archive links in your patron newsletters.
Upcoming topics (full 2016 schedule is posted on the webpage):
Questions or join the Tech Talks email list - Nathan Carr firstname.lastname@example.org
- February – Computer Guts (what’s inside your computer?)
- March – Your Online Persona
- April – Best Computer for Your Needs