Posted on August 12, 2016 at 11:44 AM by Lianne Flax
Every year, the State Library posts a "back to school" update so school librarians do not have to scroll through an entire summer's worth of emails from us! Questions: email@example.com
General & To Do:
- Is access to statewide databases still working? Changes to your school’s internet provider (or at the provider) can result in your school no longer registering as Kansas. Many schools use these State Library pages to provide access.
- Kansas Library eCard Admin – do you have the login for creating or renewing KSLCs handy? If not, fill out this form and we’ll email a copy.
- FAQs page – if you need a refresher on the Statewide Services part of the State Library:
- Britannica for Schools –Encyclopedia Britannica Schools edition and Britannica E-STAX (nonfiction ebooks for kids). A duplicate session is coming up on September 8, teachers are always welcome to attend or watch archives. Please see this calendar page for the archive AND links to documents or forms mentioned in the session.
- Total Boox for Academics – this was geared towards college librarians, but high school librarians may find it of interest. Click here for the archive and see the Total Boox promotional page for the student flier and other information described in the session.
Digital Books eLending:
- No databases were added or removed from the statewide package over the summer.
- Updated Sites – unless linking directly to a product, no action needed. All links on State Library pages have been updated.
- Encyclopedia Britannica updated two versions/sites this summer (Spanish & Academic). See this blog post if you missed the previous post about these changes.
- Job & Career Accelerator updated. It is part of Learning Express, so unless you had a direct link to just that portion, no action is needed.
- No platforms were added or removed over the summer.
- Mobile apps – if you use 3M Cloud Library, OneClickdigital, etc on your school iPad, please realize these apps will have missed at least one update over the summer. If apps are not working, uninstall them and install a fresh copy.
Questions or help: firstname.lastname@example.org