| OneClickdigital will have a large app update & logo change on Tuesday, June 27. After that time, the website & app will be called RBdigital instead.
This update is large on their servers, the company is starting the update process on Monday, 7pm Central. It is possible some people may not be able to use their books until the update is complete overnight.
for you, all you will see is the logo changing to RBdigital on the website where you check out books. Any update for you will be later in the year, but one was not needed at this time.
Mobile App Users: (iPad/iPhone, Android, Kindle Fire)
On June 27, you will receive an app update. This is actually a fully new version of the app. You:
What will have changed in the app?
- may postpone installing the update if you are in the middle of a book (update will lose your place in the book). However, please install the update as soon as you've finished that book to avoid version problems later!
- will need to login again as the new version cannot retrieve your saved login from the old version (reset a forgotten login here).
It is a fully NEW version of the app. Expect screenshots with more explanation from the State Library the day of the update, when we can take images of our own accounts.
- App name change - will be RBdigital instead of OneClickdigital. Icon will be red & white still (like above).
- General colors changed - the app will have a black background, the menu will be red.
- Menu key - there will be a menu button on the upper left corner, this is where you'll view holds list, history.
- Audiobooks search - previously you tapped "search" and that opened the OneClick website inside the app. The app will have its own search/browse screen to pull in books - this will work much better for smaller screens like phones, where opening the website in the app's borders was very tiny.
Why is this update happening?
We only have OneClickdigital audiobooks statewide in Kansas, but Recorded Books (parent company of OneClickdigital) has had other digital services. They have been developing a single mobile app to cover all of their services. It is a good change for us because their tech team will only have one app to fix if there is a problem, and only one app to make improvements for going forward. As you can imagine, that will work out much better for everyone in the long term!