Posted on December 31, 2014 at 10:53 AM by Lianne Flax
The 3M app for Kindle Fires (and other Android devices without the Google Play Store) has received a large update and 3M is now offering the app for download through their site. You no longer need the SlideMe app store to download this app.
uninstall the old version of the 3M Cloud Library app and install the new version through 3M's download page
Uninstalling an app on a Kindle Fire
- from the home screen, tap Apps.
- tap on "Device" or "On this device" to see the 3M Cloud Library app.
- hold down on the app until given the option to delete or remove the app.
If you do not need the SlideMe app for anything else, you may also delete it at this time.
This is the same version of the app now used on standard Android tablets. It is a new version so some buttons have moved or areas renamed:
- Main menu is now accessed by tapping the 3 blue lines in the top left corner.
- Shelves have been renamed to "Featured." This is still just the library's display case.
- Categories has been renamed "Browse." You can now favorite categories by tapping the star icon.
- Filter (in main menu) is where you set "available to checkout" or "all books" and will apply to the entire app (browsing, searching, even featured area). What you select here stays on until switched.
- Search is now the magnifying glass in the upper right corner.
- Book reading options - you still tap the center of a book page to access the little menu, but these have different buttons:
- Close a book - the 3M Cloud Library icon.
- Change settings (text etc) - the button with 3 dots, far right.
- Returning books early - from My Books, tap the icon that looks like a blue piece of paper (right side) to see the return option.
Please email email@example.com if you have questions.