Posted on October 12, 2020 at 8:26 AM by Nikki Hansen
The November 3rd General Election is coming up fast, are you ready? Here are some resources and information to help you cast your ballot whether by mail, at your local election office, or at the polls.
Registering to Vote
The deadline to register to vote in the General Election is Tuesday October 13, 2020
- For more information about voter registration or Kansas elections in general, please visit the KS Secretary of State's Elections FAQ page.
- Advance voting in-person and by mail begins October 14, 2020. The deadline to request an advance ballot for the General Election is October 27, 2020.
- You can also check your registration status, track your ballot status, and view a sample ballot at the Kansas Secretary of State's Voter View page.
Going to the Polls
- Use Voter View to find your polling place. Polls are open from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM.
- Kansas requires voters to show photographic identification when casting a vote in person. The Kansas Secretary of State's office provides information about what are acceptable forms of identification. The page says that an acceptable ID must not have expired at the time of voting, however recently issued E.O. 20-66 states that voters may use driver's licenses or ID cards that have expired after March 12, 2020 as valid voter identification for the General Election.
- Kansas law provides for a leave allowance for employees to vote. The specific details can be found in K.S.A. 25-418
The Kansas Secretary of State's Election Division can be found at https://sos.ks.gov/elections/elections.html or contacted by phone at 800-262-VOTE(8683).
And as always, please contact the State Library of Kansas with your questions about the Kansas Legislature, state and federal elections, candidates and more.
Contact us, we love to help!
Legislative Hotline: 800-432-3924
General Information: 785-296-3296
Email a librarian: email@example.com
Chat with a librarian: http://kslib.info/ask