Who may use the service?

Persons who are unable to read or use standard printed materials due to visual or physical impairments, reading disabilities, or other print disabilities (such as blindness, low vision, lack of muscle coordination, prolonged weakness, or dyslexia) are eligible. An application signed by a certifying agent is required. Please send the original application via the mail or scan and email the full application to us at KTB@ks.gov

Show All Answers

1. Who may use the service?
2. What types of materials are available?
3. How do I send in my requests?
4. How do I receive books from my library?
5. How are the books sent and how long may they be kept?
6. What if I do not enjoy the books I am receiving?
7. Are book catalogs available? How often will I receive catalogs?
8. Will my Talking Books play on my computer?
9. What happens if my playback machine or books stops working?
10. Are videos included in the collection?
11. Does Talking Books provide textbooks?
12. What if I want to make suggestions about titles or authors to be recorded on Talking Books?
13. If I move out of the area or out of state, can I take my Talking Book player(s)?